Wednesday, December 3, 2008

MMMMBORED!

The dark side of the rush to install electronic medical records in hospitals is that it forces hot young docs like myself to sit through hours and hours of tedious training for the new system. Today, my friends, is my first day of three of training for Merlin, Ruby Hospital's new program. We're 50 minutes in, and we're still working on things like managing tabs, dragging and dropping, and plenty of other things that are as natural as breathing to any middle- or upper-class American under the age of 40. I understand why we have to do this, as there are people in this class who are asking something like "one click or two" for everything, but it still sucks. So I'm just gonna go ahead and do some posting this morning (and tomorrow afternoon and 12/18, when I get even more training). So buckle your seatbelts! It's gonna be a bumpy ride!

No comments: