Saturday, March 24, 2012

Obama embraces "Obamacare"

I'm signed up for the e-mail lists for the DNC, Obama for America and other left-leaning organizations. Yesterday, I got an e-mail from "David Axelrod" (which is the name of a bigwig in the Obama campaign) discussing that lefties should be proud to call health reform "Obamacare". I had just posted a similar sentiment the day before. I spent a good 30 seconds thinking that my post had somehow been read by someone at the campaign, and this was an e-mail from the campaign designed to encourage micro-bloggers like myself. I was amazed that the Obama campaign might go through the effort to have a computer program following blogging sites like blogspot.com/blogger.com for posts tagged "Obamacare" and sent a form e-mail in response. Eventually I realized it was a mass e-mail sent to anyone on the e-mail lists of those sites. But for a few seconds yesterday, I had a few seconds of mild delusions of grandeur. I never even considered that Axelrod was actually trolling blogger.com or anything, but I thought that through the miracles of a well-designed social media operation, my humble blog might have been noticed.

Just thought it was a potentially-amusing chain of events.

Obamacare is pretty much the entire reason I'm posting. It's by no means perfect, but it's a huge step in the right direction. To be honest, one of my primary goals with this blog is to convince a few people to go vote for Obama so that health reform will survive to be enacted in 2014. Seems only fair that I inform y'all of this fact.

No comments: